The aim of the course is to provide orthopaedic surgeons with resources on how to properly use currently available biologics for treating musculoskeletal disorders. Through didactic lectures, case discussions, live and video demonstrations and hands-on practice with cadavers, the course will provide attendees with clinical decision-making skills, an overview of available technologies and regulations along with the best and most up-to-date evidence and methods to implement orthobiologics into your practice.
Brian J. Cole MD, MBA
Jason L. Dragoo, MD
Rachel M. Frank, MD
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
• Discuss current indications for orthobiologics based on the published evidence
• Discuss the proper selection of biologics for specific treatments
• Explain the role of MSK ultrasound in clinical practice
• Recognize normal and abnormal ultrasound anatomy of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle
• Utilize ultrasound guided techniques for MSK injections
AOSSM Member $2,400
Non-AOSSM Member $2,900
Resident / Fellow $2,000
If you would like to register for the lecture-only portion of the course, click here.
AOSSM and the ON Orthogeneration Network are offering two free registrations to AOSSM residents, fellows and/or young investigators!
• AOSSM member in good standing (resident applicants do not need to be members)
• Under age 40
• Strong interest in orthoregeneration
• Have not benefited from ON Foundation Education Support within the last 24 months.
How to Apply
Submit the following items in PDF format:
• Letter of motivation with career goals in orthoregeneration
• Brief CV (not more than 2 pages), including date of birth, gender, current and past affiliations, degrees, awards, and research interests
• List of publications in last 5 years with title and journal references
Upon receiving the grant, you must provide a one-page written report on your highlights/learnings from the course (photos/imagery welcome). Applicants will be notified of acceptance at the beginning of September 2018.
Travel and Housing Information
A block of rooms has been reserved at Hyatt Rosemont (one block from the Orthopaedic Learning Center) at a group rate of $129. Reservations may be made by calling (800) 233-1234 and asking for the AOSSM Surgical Skills Course Room Block. The reservation deadline is September 21, 2018. Rooms rates are until this date pending availability. Reservations after this date may be at a higher rate. Attendees are encouraged to book early.
Book Your Housing
The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. AOSSM designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1
Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.