Our goal is to help members reach the highest performance level by connecting great resources and great people.
AOSSM is where sports medicine professionals find a passionate and vibrant community — one that helps them grow professionally through education and networking.
Nearly 4,000 AOSSM members receive an unparalleled opportunity for exceptional medical education and professional fellowship with widely recognized leaders in sports medicine.
Orthopaedic surgeons that specialize in sports medicine for the last two years in their current geographical location. Additionally, they have current certification by any of the following:
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (AOBOS)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
Annual Dues: $850
Physicians enrolled in or have completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) approved orthopaedic sports medicine fellowship or one year out of a sports medicine fellowship in the United States or Canada.
- Year 1: Complimentary - thanks to a grant from Össur!
- Year 2: $250
- Year 3: $450
- Year 4 & 5: $850
*Active Status Upgrade
Candidate members can upgrade their membership to an Active membership after two years. If you upgrade before five years, the $150 application fee will be waived. Candidates must be current with dues and meeting attendance requirements.
Physicians enrolled in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) approved orthopaedic residency program in the United States or Canada. Residents are required to upgrade to the Candidate category of membership by the end of their final residency year.
Annual Dues: Complimentary
Non-orthopaedic surgeons or physicians that specialize in sports medicine for the last two years in the United States or Canada.
Annual Dues: $850
Orthopaedic surgeons that practice outside the United States or Canada for the last two years in their current geographical location. Additionally, they have certification by their country's national orthopaedic organization.
Annual Dues: $400
An allied professional not qualifying for other membership categories interested in or contributing to the knowledge of sports medicine.
Annual Dues: $250
- Active, International, Affiliate and MD-Affiliate members will be asked to have one signed sponsorship form and include team service forms for any team service provided.
- Candidate and Resident members will be asked to complete a director reference form.
- Membership requires attendance of one sponsored meeting every four years (every six years for international members), adherence to the Society by-laws, and maintenance of membership dues.
- Membership dues are based on a 12-month calendar year (January – December).
- No portion of membership dues is allocated to lobbying by the AOSSM.
Please allow a few weeks for the review of your application. Please note that applications submitted in June and July may be delayed in processing due to the AOSSM Annual Meeting.
To inquire about the status of your application, please contact Jeff Boyle.