Application for the 2024 Traveling Fellowship Tour
The tour is tentatively scheduled to begin April 18, 2024, and it will conclude at the ESSKA Congress on May 8 - 10, 2024, in Milan, Italy. Please follow the instructions below to apply for the Traveling Fellowship.
- Applicant must be an orthopaedic surgeon currently practicing in the U.S. or Canada who is 45 years of age or younger at the time of the traveling fellowship tour. Applicant must also be board certified and an AOSSM member. Individuals currently in a sports medicine fellowship should not apply.
- Complete the application form and include the following documents:
- Provide two letters of recommendation. One sponsor should be an orthopaedic surgeon who was involved in your Sports Medicine Fellowship, and the other should be an orthopaedic surgeon who is familiar with your current practice.
- Upload a recent photograph.
- Upload a personal statement, not to exceed 500 words. The statement should highlight your contributions to sports medicine in your local community/institution as well as to AOSSM. You should also detail why you want to be a Traveling Fellow and what you hope to achieve from the Fellowship.
- Upload your curriculum vitae
All applications and letters of recommendation must be completed and submitted online by November 1, 2023. Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.