Stay Up to Date on Football Athlete Care
This in-person conference is designed to provide current solutions across the breadth of issues in the management of football athletes in a team sport setting. Expert faculty will share specialized knowledge and experience on topics from the common to the complex. Programming will include lectures, small group discussions, real-time case studies, Q&A, and much more. AOSSM and the National Football League Physicians Society (NFLPS) believe these insights will provide critical guidance for those managing the care of football athletes in competitive and recreational environments at all levels.
Upon completion of this educational activity, learners should be able to:
- Analyze epidemiological trends in football injuries for professional, collegiate and youth football players
- Integrate prevention strategies in collaboration with their health care team(s) to improve musculoskeletal and medical health for professional, collegiate and youth football players
- Implement an effective evaluation algorithm for musculoskeletal and medical conditions afflicting football players
- Assess and apply surgical and non-surgical treatment recommendations and rehabilitation protocols for the management of essential musculoskeletal and medical conditions in football
- NFL, NCAA, and Youth Programs Injury Surveillance
- Injury Prevention
- Sports Performance
- Advances in Rehabilitation
- Sports Emergencies
- Challenges for the Sports Medicine Team
- Foot and Ankle
- Women and Sports (panel discussion)
- Hip and Core
- Overuse Injuries
- Injection Therapy
- Break Out Sessions
- Foot and Ankle Exam
- Hip and Core Exam
- ACL Prevention
- Helmet & Shoulder Removal – taping, bracing
- Medical Cases – round table discussion
- Orthopaedic Cases – round table discussion
|Registration Type||Early Bird Rate|
|Physician Member (AOSSM or NFLPS)||$850|
Please note that physician and allied health registration fees will increase by $100 after February 28, 2023.
Risk Free Registration Policy
AOSSM fully recognizes that every individual’s situation can change unexpectedly, and our goal is to make your decision to register in advance as simple as possible. Once registered, if you’re not able to attend the meeting, full refunds will be available if you cancel by February 28, 2023, by sending a written request to [email protected] After February 28, there will be a $150 processing fee.
A block of rooms has been reserved at Hilton Riverside, New Orleans, LA at a group rate of $259. Reservations may be made online with the link below. The reservation deadline is February 28, 2023. Room rates are until this date pending availability. Reservations after this date may be at a higher rate. Attendees are encouraged to book early.
The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.Information regarding other forms of continuing education credit, such as BOC Category A hours for athletic trainers, will be provided later.