Cutting Edge Strategies to Keep Your Patients Active and In the Game
AOSSM and The FORUM are happy to announce that we will be having a joint surgical skills course focusing on knee. This course will span the continuum of athletes from the Pediatric/Adolescent through the Master’s and will offer both didactic and hands-on learning, utilizing a blended learning structure to maximize the time in the surgical lab.
- Understand indications and treatment options for
- Meniscus tears and ramp lesions, simple to complex
- OCD lesions and chondral pathology
- ACL pathologies, including tibial spine avulsions and ACL tears in skeletally immature athletes
- Patellofemoral instability and overload
- Understand the context of specific sports and level of involvement, as well as best practices for return to play
- Pediatric and Adolescent Athlete: Meniscus
- Pediatric and Adolescent Athlete: Cartilage
- Pediatric and Adolescent Athlete: PF Instability and ACL
- The “Mature” Athlete: Joint Preservation
- Evidence-Based Case Discussions
- Full day of Lab techniques include:
- Meniscus – root, radial, ramp, inside-out, outside-in, all-inside
- ACL – quad tendon harvest and preparation, internal brace, ACL repair/BEAR, ALL/LET
- MPFL reconstruction
- Chondral procedures – MACI, osteochondral plugs, BioUni, BioCart
- Osteotomy – DFO, HTO, TTO
Risk Free Registration Policy
AOSSM fully recognizes that every individual’s situation is changing daily, and our goal is to make your decision to register in advance as simple as possible. Once registered, if you’re still not able to attend the meeting, full refunds will be available if you cancel prior to October 18, 2022, by sending a written request to [email protected] After October 18, there will be a $150.00 processing fee.
A block of rooms has been reserved at Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare at a group rate of $119. Reservations may be made by calling 847.692.3000 and asking for the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine room block. You can also book directly online. The reservation deadline is October 21, 2022. Room rates are until this date pending availability. Reservations after this date may be at a higher rate. Attendees are encouraged to book early.
The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.