The American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine (AOSSM) community has always known we are much stronger when we work together.
Your membership in this Society speaks not only to the commitment you have to your profession, but to the commitment you have to the whole. Now is the time to renew your commitment to your profession by renewing your AOSSM membership for 2021.
No doubt 2020 has been a year unlike any other. But as we always do, AOSSM rose to the challenge and adjusted swiftly. While some programs looked a little different, AOSSM did not hit pause. We continued to deliver the highest caliber research and continuing education opportunities.
Despite not being able to hold live educational activities for most of the year, AOSSM still offered 70 percent of the anticipated number of CME credits.
Here are just a few additional examples of AOSSM’s commitment to our members this year:
- A stellar AOSSM Virtual Annual Meeting and Exhibit Hall attended by 3,500+ viewers from 75 countries. This complimentary event has been lauded as an industry-leading, collaborative event that brought together some of the top names in the sports community.
- Introduction of the industry-changing online learning resource, the AOSSM Playbook , featuring the peer-reviewed AOSSM Surgical Video Library , and direct-access to our Society’s library of on-demand educational events and webinars.
- The weekly AOSSM Fellows Webinar Series that began in April which we produced to supplement fellow education for ACGME-accredited programs during COVID-19. We also redesigned our annual Fellows Course to a AOSSM Fellows Virtual Hybrid Course, including live surgical demos from the Orthopaedic Learning Center.
- Continued excellence from our Journals with the American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM) firmly holding onto its #1 Impact Factor rating and soaring Impact Factor ratings for the Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine (OJSM) and Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach.
- Innovative and topical education, including from AJSM and Sports Health Webinars, plus AJSM Current Concepts, all providing valuable CME credits.
- A robust AOSSM Research and Grant Program, totaling over $400K – including a series of off-cycle awards being offered through December 2020.
- Formal launch of the AOSSM Emerging Leaders Program , offering guidance on the path to leadership within AOSSM for our members under 45, and we proudly honored our heritage by inducting two new members into the AOSSM Hall of Fame.
And now, our attention turns to 2021. Plans are in the works to bring you even more in the coming year, including:
- A wealth of CME opportunities through exclusive webinars focused on timely topics and two planned Surgical Skills events.
- Expansion of a hallmark AOSSM offering – the AOSSM Traveling Fellowship program – to include five tours, the most ever in our history.
- Continued collaboration with partner societies and international colleagues at the 2021 AOSSM Annual Meeting in Nashville.
- Along with new partnerships, the Nashville meeting will see the unveiling of new programs such as Game Changer Sessions, the ACE Award to recognize excellence among our exhibiting partners, and the Global Program Series. A highlight will be the official presentation of the Andrews-Jobe Cup which honors those who have donated to the Million Dollar Drive, which underwrites our 2021 research programs and new educational programming.
- A second session of the immensely popular monthly AOSSM Fellows Webinar Series, which will run from September 2020 - July 2021.
- Exciting new events for our emerging members, including a series of monthly Emerging Leaders Nightcap Sessions and an exclusive Emerging Leaders Retreat at the 2021 Annual Meeting .
- The launch of a new Video Journal of Sports Medicine (VJSM)TM in the first quarter of the year.
- Guided by a specialized task force, AOSSM’s Statement on Diversity and Inclusion will serve as a model for all elements of our organization, from educational planning to leadership development. We will continue to be at the forefront as we develop a module series addressing sexual abuse, led by Michelle Wolcott and the U.S. Center for Safe Sport.
Now more than ever, your AOSSM membership holds a greater value and fills a vital role in your professional development.
Renew your membership in a few easy steps here. If you have questions or suggestions for specific courses in the coming months, contact AOSSM at 877.321.3500 or email@example.com.
|To show our appreciation for your dedication and commitment, all members who submit their 2021 renewal payment by Oct. 31, 2020 will be entered into a random drawing to win an exclusive AOSSM YETI gift package ! One winner will be chosen at random from all 2021 renewal payments received by Oct. 31, 2020, so get your renewal in today. Learn more.